Lipotropic, or “fat-burning” injections-
Lipotropic, or “fat-burning” injections are a unique blend of B-vitamins and specific amino acids that assist with the breakdown of fats in the liver. Combined with a healthy/active lifestyle, these injections can promote weight loss and/or maintenance.
Lipotropics are not only beneficial for weight loss but can help with energy, hair, nail, skin and help with the nervous system. These injections can be prescribed with one of our weight loss, detox programs included in the Bioidentical Hormone Therapy Treatment program or by themselves. Frequency of injections will be determined at your medical evaluation visit but typically we suggest a package of ten, with one IM shot per week. These injections are prescription strength and are approved for use only after an evaluation visit with our provider in our office.
Some of the main ingredients include:
- B12 – Helps the body convert fats and proteins into energy and aids in the breakdown of carbohydrates. Assists in digestion and provides energy.
- B6 – Significant to protein, fat and carbohydrate metabolism and creation of red blood cells and neurotransmitters. Promotes healthy brain and immune system function. Helps maintain sodium and potassium balance.
- B-Complex – Converts food into energy, assists with carbohydrate and fat metabolism, promotes cell growth, provides energy.
- MIC – Methionine reduces fat and acts as a catalyst for choline and inositol, thus increasing their functions. It aids in the emulsification of cholesterol, preventing it from sticking to the arterial walls. This amino acid also removes heavy metals from your body and assists with building lean muscle mass. Inositol metabolizes fat and cholesterol, helps redistribute and transport fat through the blood stream. Inositol also has been shown to help with depression and anxiety. Choline Bitartrate can remove fat from the liver. Without it, fats can become trapped in the liver, blocking normal metabolic functions. This amino acid also aids in hormone production.
- Leucine – Helps maintain lean muscle mass during weight loss, also promotes muscle recovery after exercise. This amino acid can also decrease cholesterol levels. Leucine assists in the regularity of blood sugar levels as well.
- L-Carnitine – Is an important amino acid for energy creation. It can help with weight reduction and fat loss, boosts cellular energy in the brain, and decreases signs of depression. Studies have shown this has positive effect on mental skill, recollection and intellectual operation. Health professionals use L-Carnitine to help with heart disease and support diabetes. L-Carnitine promotes weight loss by burning body fat, increasing energy levels and like chromium, lowers cholesterol and decreases cravings.
- Methylcobalamin: The active form of Vitamin B12, plays an essential role in several biological processes. Not only is it important for proper digestion and fat metabolism, but also a key element to a properly functioning nervous system as well as increased red blood cell production. As discussed, Vitamin B12 helps to detoxify the body, promote a healthy liver, and regulate sleep, mood, appetite, and energy.
- Pyridoxine- The active form of Vitamin B6 supports brain, nerve, skin, and red blood cell health. It is also helps the body to make serotonin which regulates mood.
- Choline Chloride- Vitamin B4, a fat emulsifier. It’s essential for proper liver function, and it is a key player in fat metabolism.
- Inositol- (Unofficially) Vitamin B8, that promotes healthy cellular function, metabolization of fats, and lower cholesterol. It also supports serotonin, a neurotransmitter known to encourage a positive mood and cognition.
- Thiamine- Vitamin B1, enables the body to use carbohydrates as energy. It is essential for glucose metabolism as well as nerve, muscle, and heart function.
- Niacinamide- Vitamin B3 helps convert carbohydrates to glucose. Aids in carbohydrate, fat, and protein metabolism.
- Dexpanthenol- B Complex Vitamin that supports digestion.
- Riboflavin-5-Phosphate- Vitamin B2 helps break down carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. It helps with the chemical reaction of converting carbohydrates into energy.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine- Helps to decrease fat, preserves muscle during physical exercise, and reduces muscle fatigue in part by reducing lactic acid buildup. It also aids in increasing alertness and energy.
(10) for $250 (4) for $120 (1) for $35